Indira Gandhi National Open University offers numerous courses under Bachelor of Arts discipline. University prescribes no age limit for anyone looking for IGNOU BA admission. The minimum course duration for BA course in IGNOU is 3 years and the maximum duration is 6 years.
Candidates can refer the following link for complete details regarding IGNOU admission (for UG, PG and Doctoral courses) here.
The BA programmes offered at IGNOU are:
- BA English
- BA Hindi
- BA Urdu
- BA Economics
- BA History
- BA Political Science
- BA Public Administration
- BA Sociology
- BA Psychology
- BA Philosophy
- BA Mathematics
BA Course Subjects & Structure
The BA course offered by IGNOU consists of the following subjects. Candidates can visit the IGNOU official website to have clarity on all the subjects of BA programme
|Course Code||Course Name||Credits|
|FEG-01||Foundation Course in English-1 or Foundation Course in Hindi-2||4|
|FST-01||Foundation Course in Science and Tech||8|
|BHDF-01||Foundation Course in Hindi||4|
|FGB-01||Foundation Course in Bengali||4|
|FKD-1||Foundation Course in Kannada||4|
|FML-1||Foundation Course in Malayalam||4|
|FMT-1||Foundation Course in Marathi||4|
For IGNOU BA admission 2020, candidate must have passed 10+2 examination or equivalent or should have passed any Bachelor degree program from IGNOU.
IGNOU BA Admission
For IGNOU admission, the candidates must visit the official website to complete the admission process. A student’s admission is totally based on previous academic records. The student applying first should fill out the details and upload the required documents.
- The candidate should make a payment online in order to get the examination form which can also be filled out online.
- IGNOU admission last dates are set by the management and should be followed blindly.
- Candidates can pay the application fee online through Debit, Credit Card or net banking.
- The candidate must provide the necessary information required for the evaluation of the application.
IGNOU admission is totally merit-based and is judged by the score in the entrance test and also by the past academic scores. The university has also set up certain eligibility for the students which they should meet in order to get shortlisted. If any discrepancy found in the application form, the university might cancel the admission. Once a candidate is shortlisted, they have to go through the counselling round. After the counselling round, the candidate’s admission is finally confirmed.
IGNOU Admission Documents Required:
IGNOU admission procedure requires the candidate to submit certain documents necessary to confirm the admission. The documents required are as follows:
- Demand draft/ Cash challan of the fee paid by the candidate.
- Attested copies of all the educational qualification certificates required for the application.
- The applicant must submit copies of the 10+2 mark sheet.
- An experience certificate must be provided for the required courses.
- For students taking admission in certain categories must provide a category certificate.
- The candidate must provide an age certificate for the required courses.
Candidates must make the application fee payment while registering for IGNOU BA Admission. The fees are paid online via Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking and amount is INR 100/-.
Candidates should save and keep the payment confirmation page for future use.
Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
Yes, IGNOU put no restrictions on candidates who are the previous dropouts in taking admission to courses being offered.
1. Demand draft/ Cash challan of the fee paid by the candidate.
2. Attested copies of all the educational qualification certificates required for the application.
3. The applicant must submit copies of the 10+2 mark sheet.
4. An experience certificate must be provided for the required courses.
5. For students taking admission in certain categories must provide a category certificate.
6. The candidate must provide an age certificate for the required