IIT Roorkee started taking admission to MTech programmes for 2020 session. Candidates should visit the official website to fill up the application for IIT Roorkee MTech Admission.
Candidates should go through the eligibility criteria of MTech Admission 2020 before submitting the application. Admission to MTech course in IIT Roorkee is completely done based on the GATE score. The received applications will be shortlisted based on the candidates’ GATE score.
Candidates can access the complete details regarding IIT Roorkee admission (to all the courses provided) including courses offered, eligibility criteria admission process and admission fees in this link.
Follow the table below for complete courses provided for MTech admission in IIT Roorkee.
|Alternate Hydro Energy Systems||
Siesmic Vulnerability and Risk Management
|Environmental Management of Rivers and Lakes||Bioprocess Engineering|
|Chemical Engineering||Geotechnical Engineering|
|Hydraulic Engineering||Geomatics Engineering|
|Soil Dynamics||Structural Dynamics|
Follow the bulletins below for the eligibility criteria for MTech admission in IIT Roorkee.
Admission to IIT Roorkee MTech courses is done completely based on the candidates’ GATE score. 10% of total seats are reserved for IIT graduates with 8.0 CGPA out of 10 in BE/BTech examination.
- For Qualifying Exam: For appearing for Qualifying examination, candidates must have completed BE/BTech examination. Final year students can also apply for qualifying examination, given that they follow the specific eligibility criteria.
- Qualifying Marks for General/OBC Category students: The applicant must have scored 60% aggregate marks in minimum or 6.0 CGPA on a scale of 10 in BE/BTech examination.
- Qualifying Marks for SC/ST/PD Category students: The applicant must have scored 55% aggregate marks in minimum or 5.5 CGPA on a scale of 10 in BE/BTech examination.
IIT Roorkee MTech Admission Process
Candidates must fill the application form for Mtech admission online at IIT Roorkee official website. Candidates must upload the relevant documents and pay the application fee online during the application process.
Steps to register for MTech Admission
- Register yourself using Email ID and Phone Number.
- After registration, candidates will receive a Registration ID & Password at the registered Email ID.
- Login using the received candidate credentials and fill up the online application form using personal and academic details.
- Pay the application fee online on the next step.
- Take print out of the application form for future use.
The application fee for Mtech admission has to be paid online via Credit card/Debit Card/Net Banking. The amount paid will not be refundable and fee payment via no other mode will be acceptable.
Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
1. UG/PG Marksheet (all semesters)
2. Scanned Photograph & Signature.
3. GATE Score Card.
4. 10+2 Marksheet.
5. PD Certificate.
Candidate should have passed BE/BTech with 60% minimum marks in aggregate.
Admission to the same is done based on candidates’ GATE score.