Loyola College is an autonomous college established in 1925 by the society of Jesus, It is one of the top premier colleges affiliated to the University of Madras. Loyola College has been certified with ‘A’ grade by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). There are 21 PG courses and 22 U.G courses (Arts, Sciences and Commerce) and 12 special Institutes offering various programs to 12,107 students. 11 departments are offering M.Phil. programs and 12 departments offer Ph.D. programs. Loyola College Admission is done on the basis of merit and performance of the applicant in the past examinations.
Courses offered in Loyola College
The college offers 22 UG courses, 21 PG courses, 11 M.Phil courses, and 12 PhD programs. The major Under-Graduate courses in Loyola College are B.A, B.Com, B.Sc, B.Voc, BBA, BCA, BMM. The PG courses are M.A, M.Com, M.Sc, M.Voc, and MCA.
Loyola College Application Form
Loyola College Admission is done online through the official website of the college. The steps for admissions are given as follows.
Step 1: Login to the Official Website
- The new applicants can do registration by clicking on the “NEW APPLICANT REGISTRATION” button.
- There is a one-time registration for all applicants who want to get admission in Loyola college.
- If the candidate is already registered he/she can log in with the application ID and password.
Step 2: New Application Registration
- The application category is a drop-down menu where you can select the programs for applying.
- The Name should be the same as that provided in the 10th Mark Statement.
- The date of birth should be provided in dd-mm-yyyy format
- The candidate should enter the 10 digit mobile number which should be valid and accessible. The foreign candidates should change the country codes before entering.
- The applicant should enter the valid Email Id for getting further updates on Admissions.
- Click on ‘Submit and Continue’ button
- The ‘User Name’ and ‘Password’ will be sent to the applicant’s Mobile Number and E-mail Id.
- Enter your credentials in the ‘ ALREADY REGISTERED APPLICANT’ LOGIN Area to access your Loyola Applicant’s Portal
Step 3: Basic Candidate Details
- Gender: The applicant can choose their Gender from the drop-down menu
- Nationality: The applicant can choose his/her nationality. Indian applicants can choose the state and district where he/she belongs. NRI or Foreigners need to fill up the details.
- Religion: The applicant can choose their religion.
- Community: The candidate should choose their Community. A scanned copy of the Community certificate must be attached.
- Caste: There is a drop-down menu for choosing the applicants’s caste. If the caste is not specified there the candidate can choose ======.
- Mother Tongue: The candidate should enter the language in which a person has grown up speaking from early childhood.
- Nativity: The candidate can choose Urban or Rural.
- Parents Details: The applicant should enter the details of their parents, their educational qualifications, occupations, and their annual incomes.
- Permanent Details: The applicant should give their address in the first three lines. District, Pin Code and Parent’s mobile number should be given.
- Communication Address: If the communication address of the applicant is the same as that of permanent address, click the ‘Same as Permanent Address’. If not type the communication address.
- After filling all the details the candidate can press the “Save” button and go to “Next”.
Step 4: Specific Details of the Candidates
- Differently-abled: If the candidate is differently-abled, choose the type of disability. Scanned copy of the certificate to be attached in Sep-6.
- Special Category: The Applicant can choose Refugee, orphan, Semi-Orphan, or Religious if applicable.
- Dalit Category: If the candidate belongs to Roman Catholic and is converted into Christianity, Choose ‘YES’.
- Child of Ex-serviceman: If the applicant is the son/daughter of an Ex-serviceman, choose ‘Yes’ and enter the necessary details.
- Child of In-serviceman: If the applicant is the son/daughter of an In-serviceman, choose ‘Yes’ and enter the necessary details.
- Sports Quota: If the candidate is an outstanding sportsperson, he/she can mark it ‘Yes’ and enter the name and level of Sports.
- First Generation Learner: If the applicant is a first-generation learner, choose ‘Yes’.
Step 5: Educational Qualification of the Applicants
- Name of School, Place of Study, Language the applicant studied, Medium of instruction should be entered.
- Transfer Certificate Number: If the applicant is having the TC number he/she can fill it. Otherwise, it can be left blank.
- The nature of the course can be selected as Academic, General or vocational.
- Marks Scored: The marks of the applicants are entered carefully in the columns provided. If there was no language in your curriculum, it can be left blank.
Step 6: Documents to be attached by the Applicant
- The candidate should attach the scanned copies of the documents as image files.
- Press “Save” after completion.
Step 7: Generation of Application for Loyola College Admission
- Institution: The candidate can choose SHIFT- I or SHIFT-II
- Shift-I Timings will be 8.15 a.m to 1.15 p.m – Government Aided courses
- Shift-II Timings will be 1.30 p.m to 6.30 p.m – Self Supporting courses
- Once you confirm the courses press the ‘Apply’ button.
Step 8: Payment of Application Fee
- The application fee includes processing charges of INR 150 for UG courses.
- For SC/ST applicants there is no application fee.
- The application fee can be paid through Credit Card, Debit Card, Net Banking or Cash in any branch of Axis Bank as per your choice.
- After fee payment, the application number is generated and the status is available in the online portal.
Step 9: Application Viewing and Printing
Candidate can check for the submitted application and have it printed for further reference.
Top Reasons to choose Loyola College
- The College was ranked top 6th in India by the NIRF in 2019.
- Loyola College was reaccredited by NAAC with a CGPA of 3.70 out of 4.00.
- The college offers mandatory Internships, effective training programs and great placements.
- Loyola College provides financial support to economically challenged students.
- The College is good at sharpening the minds of students through employability skills and innovative courses.
- The College inherits rich tradition and imparts discipline, thereby empowering and offering quality education.
Loyola College UG Admission 2020
Loyola College provides PG courses in BA, B.Com, B.Sc, B.Voc, BBA, BCA and BMM with various specializations. UG Courses are of 3 years duration.
The courses are offered in two shifts- Shift I and Shift II. The shift I come under the Aided category and the class timings will be from 8:15 A.M. – 1:15 P.M. The shift II comes under self- supporting and the class timings will be from 1:30 P.M – 6:30 P.M.
Loyola College UG Eligibility Criteria
|BA Economics||10+2 with Economics, Accountancy, Commerce or Business Studies or any other|
|BA English||10+2 in any group|
|BA History||10+2 in any group|
|BA Sociology||10+2 in any group|
|BA French Lit.||10+2 in any group|
|BA Tamil||10+2 in any group|
|B.Com General||10+2 with Commerce or Business Studies, Accountancy, Mathematics or Business Mathematics or Statistics, Computer Science or Economics|
|B.Com Hons||10+2 with Commerce or Business Studies, Accountancy, Mathematics or Business Mathematics or Statistics, Computer Science or Economics|
|B.Com Corporate Secretaryship||10+2 with Commerce or Business Studies, Accountancy, Economics or Computer Science|
|B.Sc in Advanced Zoology & Biotechnology||10+2 in Biology, Physics and Chemistry or Zoology, Botany, Chemistry, Physics or Biotechnology|
|B.Sc Chemistry||10+2 with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry|
|B.Sc Mathematics||10+2 with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry|
|B.Sc Physics||10+2 with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry|
|B.Sc Plant Biology & Plant Biotechnology||10+2 in Biology, Physics and Chemistry or Zoology, Biology, Chemistry, Physics or Biotechnology|
|B.Sc Statistics||10+2 with Mathematics or Business Mathematics or Statistics|
|B.Sc Visual Communication||10+2 in any group|
|B.Sc Computer Science||10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics|
|B.Voc. in 3D Animation||10+2 in any group|
|B.Voc in Digital Journalism||10+2 in any group|
|BCA||10+2 in any group with Mathematics or Business Maths or statistics as one of the subject|
|BBA||10+2 in any group|
|BMM in Multimedia & Animation||10+2 in any group|
Loyola College PG Admission 2020
Loyola College offers PG courses like MA, M.Sc, and M.Voc Courses with specializations. The course duration for all the PG courses offered in Loyola College is of 2 years except the MCA Program which is 3 years. The minimum eligibility for PG admissions is the candidate should have graduation from a reputed college or university.
Loyola College PG Eligibility criteria
|M.A Economics||B.A. Economics|
|M.A English Lit.||B.A. English|
|M.A Applied History||Degree in any stream|
|M.A Community Development||Degree in any stream|
|M.A Human Resource Management||Degree in any stream|
|M.AMedical and Psychiatric Social Work||Degree in any stream|
|M.A The welfare of the Disadvantaged Sections||Degree in any stream|
|M.A Human Rights||Degree in any stream|
|M.A Media Arts||Degree in any stream|
|M.A Philosophy||Degree in any stream|
|M.A Sociology||Degree in any stream|
|M.Sc. in Bio-Technology||B.Sc Zoology or Adv. Zoology and Biotechnology or Plant Biology and Biotechnology or Botany or Life Science or Medical Lab Technology or Biotechnology or Microbiology or Biochemistry or Chemistry or Biophysics / Physics.|
|M.Sc. in Food Chemistry and Food Processing||B.Sc. Nutrition or Food Science Management and Dietetics and Chemical Nutrition or Zoology or Botany or Plant Biology or Plant Biotechnology or Biochemistry or Chemistry or Biophysics or Physics. Chemistry is mandatory.|
|M.Sc. in Chemistry||B.Sc Chemistry with mathematics|
|M.Sc. in Mathematics||B.Sc Mathematics|
|M.Sc. in Physics||B.Sc Physics with Mathematics|
|M.Sc. in Statistics||B.Sc Mathematics or B.Sc Statistics|
|M.Sc. in Zoology||B.Sc. Zoology, Adv Zoology and Biotechnology, or Life Science|
|M.Sc. in Computer Science||B.Sc Computer Science|
|M.Sc. in Medical Lab Technology||B.Sc Zoology or Adv. Zoology and Biotechnology or Plant Biology and Biotechnology or Botany or Life Science or Medical Lab Technology or Biotechnology or Microbiology or Biochemistry or Chemistry or Biophysics or Physics.|
|M.Sc. in Visual Communication||Degree in any stream|
|M.Voc. in 3D Animation||Degree in any stream|
|M.Voc in Digital Journalism||Degree in any stream|
|MCA||BCA or any degree with one paper in Mathematics or Statistics.TANCET is mandatory.|
Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
The major Under-Graduate courses in Loyola College are B.A, B.Com, B.Sc, B.Voc, BBA, BCA, BMM.
The Loyola College is affiliated to the University of Madras.
Economics, History, Sociology, French Literature, Tamil, and English.
The PG courses offered by Loyola College are M.A, M.Com, M.Sc, M.Voc and MCA.
Any group in plus two or equivalent examination.