Stella Maris College was established and run by the Society of the Franciscan Missionaries of Mary. The society was founded in Ootacamund, Tamil Nadu in 1877. Stella Maris College offers a number of Undergraduate, Postgraduate courses along with M.Phil. and Ph.D. courses in specialized fields of study. Admission to all the courses offered at Stella Maris College is strictly based on the merit of the students in qualifying examination/ entrance examination. The College offers admissions only for women applicants.
Major Courses Offered by Stella Mari’s College
Stella Maris contributes a large number of undergraduate programmes such as BA, B.Com, B.Sc, BVA, BBA and postgraduate courses such as MA, M.Sc, M.Com. The College also offers research programs under M.Phil and PhD. B.Com students can also take ACCA qualifications in addition to their degree. The program specializations are organised as Aided and Self-Financing.
Stella Mari’s College Admission Procedure
The Admission Process for Stella Mari’s College is as follows:
- The candidates can visit the official page of admissions to apply for the Admissions online.
- The admission procedure for all undergraduate programmes will commence after the announcement of the Higher Secondary Examination results; the postgraduate admissions will begin at the end of graduation results.
- Notice regarding interviews for temporarily selected candidates for all courses will be posted by e-mail and SMS and will be updated on the College website.
- Candidates should present all original mark records and certificates at the time of interview.
- Admission status will be published on the College website after 8:00 p.m. on the day of the interview.
- Selected candidates need to pay the designated semester fees and submit original and two attested photocopies of the documents as informed by the College.
Stella Mari’s College UG Admission 2020
Stella Maris College offers a wide variety of undergraduate courses with specializations such as BA,B.Com (A&F), B.Sc, BBA, B.Com, B.Com (CS), B.Com (A&F), BCA, BVA, BSW, B.Voc. The courses are offered in various disciplines such as History and Tourism, Sociology, Economics, English, Zoology, Biotechnology, Food Processing, Sustainable Energy Management etc.
Stella Mari’s College UG Eligibility
The basic qualification criteria for undergraduate programmes is the applicant should have completed 10+2 from a distinguished board in the subjects prescribed for the particular courses.
|BA History and Tourism, Sociology, Economics||Any subject group in 10+2||Merit-Based|
|BA English, English and Communication Skills||Any subject group in 10+2||Merit-Based|
|B.Sc Mathematics||Mathematics and Physics||Merit-Based|
|B.Sc Physics||Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry||Merit-Based|
|B.Sc Chemistry||Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics||Merit-Based|
|B.Sc Plant Biology and Plant Biotechnology||Biology, Chemistry and Microbiology/ Botany, Zoology/Biotechnology||Merit-Based|
|B.Sc Advanced Zoology and Biotechnology||Biology, Chemistry and Microbiology/ Zoology, Botany/Biotechnology||Merit-Based|
|B.Sc Mathematics||Mathematics and Physics||Merit-Based|
|B.Sc Psychology||Any subject group in 10+2/equivalent Boards||Merit-Based|
|B.Com Commerce||Commerce, Accountancy and Mathematics/Business Mathematics, Accountancy and Commerce||Merit-Based|
|B.Com Corporate Secretaryship||Mathematics/Business Mathematics, Accountancy and Commerce |
Commerce/Business Studies, Accountancy
|B.Com Accounting and Finance||Mathematics, Accountancy and Commerce |
Commerce, Accountancy, Mathematics/ Business
|BVA Visual Arts||Any subject group in 10+2||Aptitude Test|
|BBA Business Administration||Commerce/Business Studies, Accountancy, Accountancy and Commerce||Merit-Based|
|BCA Bachelor of Computer Applications||Mathematics/Business Mathematics||Merit-Based|
|BSW Social Work||Any subject group and ability to read and speak Tamil||Merit-Based|
|B.Voc Food Processing and Quality Control||Any subject group in 10+2/ Vocational Stream||Merit-Based|
|B.Voc Tourism and Hospitality||Any subject group in 10+2/ Vocational Stream||Merit-Based|
|B.Voc Sustainable Energy Management||Any subject group in 10+2/ Vocational Stream||Merit-Based|
Stella Maris College PG Admission 2020
Stella Maris College, Chennai offers postgraduate courses with various specifications such as MA, M.Sc, M.Com, MSW as well as a PG Diploma in Computer Science.
Stella Maris College PG Eligibility
The applicant should have a graduation degree from a recognized university is the basic element for Stella Maris College admission.
|MA Economics||BA Economics from an acknowledged University||Entrance Test and Interview|
|MA English||BA English (or) BA / B.Sc English (Two Years)||Entrance Test and Interview|
|MA History of Fine Arts||Any undergraduate degree from an acknowledged University||Entrance Test and Interview|
|MA – Public Relations||Any undergraduate degree from an acknowledged University||Entrance Test and Interview|
|MA International Studies||Any undergraduate degree from an acknowledged University||Entrance Test and Interview. Minimum 50% aggregate in undergraduate studies|
|Master of Social Work||Any undergraduate degree and ability to speak/write Tamil.||Entrance Test and Interview|
|M.Sc Mathematics||B.Sc Mathematics/Applied Science (or) equivalent||Entrance Test and Interview|
|M.Sc Chemistry||B.Sc Chemistry (or) any undergraduate Science Degree||Entrance Test and Interview|
|M.Sc Biotechnology||An undergraduate degree in one of the following disciplines: Biotechnology, Microbiology, Botany, Plant Biology, Biotechnology, Zoology, Advanced Zoology, biotechnology Chemistry, Physics, Biochemistry, Agriculture, Biology||Entrance Test and Interview|
|M.Sc Bioinformatics||An undergraduate degree in one of the following disciplines: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Computer Science, Microbiology, Agriculture, Nutrition and Dietetics, Veterinary Science, Medicine and any Engineering discipline||Entrance Test and Interview|
|M.Sc Information Technology||An undergraduate degree in one of the following disciplines: Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Application, Mathematics, Statistics, Business Mathematics, Business Statistics, Applied Science||Entrance Test and Interview|
|M.Com||B.Com Degree||Entrance Test and Interview|
|Postgraduate Diploma in Computer Science||An undergraduate degree with Mathematics in the Higher Secondary||Entrance Test and Interview|
Stella Maris College PhD and M.Phil Admissions 2020
The college offers M.Phil programs in Economics, English, Fine Arts, Mathematics and Social Work and PhD programs in Economics, English, Fine Arts and Mathematics.
PhD and M.Phil Eligibility Criteria
- The eligibility criteria for M.Phil Admissions is the candidate should have a PG degree in the relevant subjects from an acknowledged university.
- For PhD admission, the candidate should have MCA, MBA, MA or MBBS in relevant subjects.
- The admissions are based on entrance tests and PI.
Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
⭐ What are the specializations for B.Sc in Stella Maris College?
– The College offers specializations for B.Sc in mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Plant Biology and Plant Biotechnology, Advanced Zoology and Biotechnology and Psychology.
⭐ What is the procedure for Admission in Stella Maris College, Chennai?
– The procedures for admission in Stella Maris College, Chennai are that the candidate should visit the official website of the College. Fill the online form, attach the documents and submit for further admission procedures.
⭐ What are the Major Courses offered in Stella Maris College, Chennai?
– Stella Maris contributes a large number of undergraduate programmes such as BA, B.Com, B.Sc, BVA, BBA and postgraduate courses such as MA, M.Sc, M.Com. The College also offers research programs under M.Phil and PhD. B.Com students can also take ACCA qualifications in addition to their degree. The program specializations are organised as Aided and Self-Financing.
⭐ What are the M.Phil and PhD disciplines in Stella Maris College, Chennai?
– The college offers M.Phil programs in Economics, English, Fine Arts, Mathematics and Social Work and PhD programs in Economics, English, Fine Arts and Mathematics.
⭐What are the eligibility criteria for M.Phil Admissions?
– The eligibility criteria for M.Phil Admissions is the candidate should have a PG degree in the relevant subjects from an acknowledged university.